Researchers and Practitioners Examine Mass Incarceration Harms at Public Speaker Series [VIDEO]
On April 20, the School of Social Policy & Practice (SP2) and the University Club at Penn convened a panel of researchers and practitioners to examine mass incarceration and what’s at stake, as well as broad solutions and policy implementation.
The event was moderated by SP2 associate professor Dr. TJ Ghose, founder and CEO of The Center for Carceral Communities, and featured a Q&A session.
The discussion was also be live-streamed and accessible to the public.
The national call for criminal justice reform grows louder each year and the social and economic harms tied to mass incarceration are too perilous to ignore. Fortunately, we have the expertise and platforms to facilitate thoughtful conversations that can lead to comprehensive action.
Judge Benjamin Lerner
- Deputy Managing Director for Criminal Justice
- Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas
- Former head of the Defender Association of Philadelphia
Dr. Ram Cnaan
- Professor, Penn School of Social Policy & Practice
- Director, Program of Religion and Social Policy Research
- Faculty Director, Goldring Reentry Initiative
- Director, Goldring Reentry Initiative